Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And Now My Thyroid

Things are going great from the cancer front. Progressing mighty nicely as a matter of fact. Woohoo!!

Well -- now I have an ultrasound appointment to check out the nodule seen when I went to the emergency room in April when I had issues with my port. The scan of my heart included a little nodule up in my thyroid. My ultrasound is next Tuesday.

Going to doctor's appointments is the norm for now. I just make the appointments and try to mitigate any kind of side effects from the chemotherapy and address other items as they come up. Face it, I am going to be 40 years old in January. This is the best time to reset my body. I have some aggressive health goals for myself as I progress from cancer.

Yes, I am bummed about the thyroid appointment. All I can do is go.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. If nodule is less then 1 cm it is usually monitored; internal blood flow and calcification warrant biopsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know. I know this must be just a precaution. (crossing my fingers!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The AACE recommended “thyroid neck check” self exam can allow the patient to spot the larger nodules that becoming visible when the patient tilts the head back and swallows. That test can be also used by the patient to monitor the growth of present nodules.
    Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete