Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thyroid Good, I Think

So, my lovelies, it's been a few weeks since I talked about my thyroid. I did have the biopsy done last week. About several needles were jabbed in, two were for the anaesthetic. My throat was a bit tender and it bruised a little after, but nothing to really write home about.

Today, I received the call that the 1cm nodule was BENIGN. That was great news for Sprinkles; however, my primary care recommended that I go to an Ears, Nose, Throat doctor to check out why there was some extra bleeding in my throat based on the samples found. I thought it was because they were jabbing around since they needed a longer needle at some point.

I made the appointment today for next Tuesday afternoon after the 4th of July holiday. This will make 4 medical appointments on the schedule for July already. Sigh. Just another appointment on my calendar. I pray for more patience...not patients. ;p

xo
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. If the sample was containing too much blood it means the needle hit the blood vessel.
    However if you had cough after procedure and blood came out with it, it indicate that the needle made hole in trachea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Doctor J:

    I didn't like the doctor that saw me or maybe it was her news. She said the nodule was 3cm and should be taken out. Since I am still undergoing cancer treatment, she said we could watch it for the next 5/6 months and get an ultrasound. I am not in a hurry to have surgery on my throat. I don't have issues swallowing nor do I feel it.

    I talked to my oncological psychologist (shrink) today and she said I need to have a referral from my surgeon to the ENT at the cancer center so we can get an overall view as opposed to just frommthe "community". That advise made me feel better.

    I'd rather have two surgeries (if applicable) in one day (thyroid and port extraction) later in the year so I am not under anaesthesia too many times. It can be done in the same place.

    Everyday is an adventure...

    Thanks,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem.
    Whatever approach you will choose,
    Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sprinkles,

    I hope you are okay. You haven't posted for a while and we are getting concerned here across the border.

    R

    ReplyDelete