Thursday, March 4, 2010

All in Vein

Jeezus...really? My legs are swelling again. I thought not having the alien cancerous cyst would cure that. After a visit to my primary care physician today and an ultrasound to peer inside, I am not very confident at future outcomes. (BTW -- my surgeon/gynecological oncologist said that I should check with my primary care physician since I had the swelling before I had my surgery. Are you kidding? So I made the appointment...) We must all remind ourselves that doctors "practice" and must guess based on present information. Hopefully, the ultrasound will give me more info.

The lady conducting the ultrasound today said that I may have blown out the valves on a couple of veins after years of being swollen. Even though the huge alien is gone, I may still have issues that can be corrected with laser surgery to close off those veins. All this is supposition and may have to be addressed after all my chemo is done. Fun never ends, does it? Wait until I have to get compression socks -- those are the sexiest pieces of clothing ever!

I also have some pain in my back and hips which primary physician thinks is attributable to the cancer still left or something. To be honest, I feel it to be skeletal from the "debulking" (doctor speak for a really fucking large and heavy watery cyst that made you look nine months pregnant was taken from you and made you lose 35 lbs two weeks after the surgery). What do I know? I am not a physician. Well...not educated and board certified anyway. LOL

In the meantime, I get to take water pills, pee a heck of a lot and find positions that will get me near upside down to help gravity the other way. I'd post a video but that would be too easy for you to laugh at over and over again...

Hugs,
S
.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment